This week’s meal plan includes a lot more salads then I usually do because I’m desperate to meet my 5 lb loss goal this month and get back on track. Salad seems like a good way to do it and while my husband may go loony I’m hopeful the scale will bring encouragement next week when I weigh in!
You’ll find a recipe below for a new favorite version of Turkey Taco Filling. I found it on the WW app and I think it’s one of the best I’ve had. It’s a lovely 1 point per 1/2 cup and probably less because I am the one that added in the black beans which are zero points.
Valentine’s Day is this week and I’m hopeful the black pepper chicken and cheesecake shooters give us a nice break from the salads :) Date night is Friday so we’ll be a little crazy and live it up at some restaurant!
Tell me what’s on your menu this week!
- Pancetta, White Bean and Swiss Char Pot Pies (Deb Perelman)
- Turkey Tacos from WW App (see recipe below)
- Big Mac Salad (The Pound Dropper)
- Leftovers for Dinner
- Boujee Chicken Salad (dward Cooks)
- Sweet & Smokey BBQ Chili (Carlsbad Cravings)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Burgers (Lite Cravings)
THURSDAY (Valentine’s Day!)
- Dinner Out after Valentine’s Board & Brush Date Night!!
Turkey Taco Filling
(1 point per 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Can Black Beans
- Mix together spices (not brown sugar) and set aside
- Over medium heat cook turkey breaking it down with the back of a spoon until no longer pink, about 4-5 min.
- Sprinkle turkey with seasoning and add water. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most liquid is absorbed. Add in black beans and stir to coat.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar and let it simmer for 2-3 min.
- Use in tortillas, for taco salad, or over a baked potato, etc.