If you’re looking for a simple and fun breakfast idea that is outside of the norm, then try this little guy. Such a quick and easy thing to throw together and the sky is the limit for what you can add Deb has one on her website that is great for this season since cherries are plentiful …check it out (Cherry Almond Dutch Baby). Serving size is 1 to 2 people. If you’re a WW person then probably you should share since it’s a bit higher in points.
Ingredients for this recipe include:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsulfured molasses
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup, or heavy cream, to serve.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter and confectioners’ sugar and process until smooth.
- Melt the butter over high heat in a 9 inch ovenproof skillet and swirl it up the sides, making sure the pan is nicely coated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slide pancake onto a plate. Serve with powdered sugar maple syrup, maple syrup, and/or a drizzle of heavy cream.
I don’t have any tips or tricks for this one other then just follow the directions and it will turn out great. This is a rarity that I get a recipe right the first time but I’ll take it. WEIGHT WATCHERS MODIFICATIONS: For those of you doing weight watchers with me I recommend splitting this guy with someone so it’s only 9 points for you since it’s 18 for the whole thing (not counting syrup or confectioners sugar). One modification I thought of is not using butter but spraying the pan down with a low point spray. The butter probably helps give it flavor but also keeps it from sticking so that would be a 6 point reduction making it 14 points so 7 for half (but make sure to count the spray you use).